Powered by Blogger.

Advertisement

Instagram

BOOK REVIEW: DEATH ON THE NILE

by - August 02, 2018



So, recently, i finished reading this awesome book and decided to write my opinion about it and, hopefully, motivate you to read it as well!




  The detective Hercule Poirot is on holiday in Egypt when he is drawn into the mysterious affair of the newly wed couple: society's beauty, Linnet, and Simon Doyle. Linnet had allegedly stolen Simon from his former fiancee, Jacqueline de Bellefort, who is enraged. As a method of revenge, Jacqueline follows the Doyles anywhere they go, and when Linnet and Simon arrive at their honeymoon destination in Egypt, Jacqueline is waiting for them. She follows them onto the river cruise up the Nile, just when the Doyles had believed that she'd stopped. Linnet is extremely scared, and speaks to Poirot of how she is surrounded by enemies. Some days later, Linnet is found shot through the head in her cabin and Poirot is under pressure to find the killer, before they strike again...








First of all, i would recommend you all to read this book, especially if you are into mystery and crime. I loved every second i spent reading it. 

  Book is very interesting and i love the fact that it held my attention all the time, i just couldn't put it down until i fully read it. This is the first Agatha Christie book that I've ever read and from page one i was enthralled! Characters are brilliantly described with a lot of details, which i absolutely love. Great thing about this book is that readers have the same clues that detective has and, if they are bright enough, they can discover the identity of the criminal before him. Different characters give you different clues and when you think that you've solved everything something happens and you have to rethink everything and start again. I had a few assumptions of who the criminal was, and i was right! Even though i kinda expected it to be like that, the end shocked me. If you decide to read this one, be prepared for huge plot twist. I won't spoil you anything, because i don't want to ruin the book for you all. :) 
Also, i really like the way Agatha wrote this one and i can't wait to read more of her books!


How did you like this post?
Have you ever read this book? Do you plan on reading it?


You May Also Like

41 comments

  1. Ooh this is definitely on my reading list! It sounds amazing. I love a good mystery novel!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. Very good book.

    http://glamfashioncat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you my friend :D I only use Photoscape (free and easy to work). Do you know?

    seems to be super interesting my friend!

    NEW YOUTUBE POST | REACTING TO OLD LOOKS :D
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I use it too sometimes, it's amazing app. :)

      Delete
  4. I just finished reading "Wonder" because so many people recommended it. I'm currently looking for something new to read and this books seems interesting to me :)
    Thanks for sharing your honest thoughts! :)
    New post: xshoppingholicx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that!
      Thank you for commenting!♥

      Delete
  5. Super post! Vec sam procitala knjigu,i bas mi se svidja,kao i svaka Agatina knjiga. 😃

    PajaMala.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agatu Kristi nisam jos uvijek procitala,ali bih voljela to da promijenim jer je svi hvale kao pisca,a mislim da ce se i meni svidjeti.Ova knjiga mi djeluje jako interesantno,tako da cu se potruditi da je nadjem.Super post.Dopada mi se tvoj nacin pisanja i kako si sve jednostavno i kratko objasnila,a opet si obuhvatila ono najvaznije.:)

    sweet-dreams-14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitivno moras procitati barem jednu njenu knjigu! :)
      Hvala ti! ♥

      Delete
  7. Obozavam Agatine knjige, ali ovu nisam jos uvek procitala. Zvuci stvarno interesantno, tako da cu je definitivno staviti na listu za citanje ❤ Odlican post ❤❤

    Ako hoces, pogledaj moj novi post----
    mellowcent.blogspot.rs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knjiga je odlicna, preporucujem!♥
      Hvala ti. :)♥

      Delete
  8. great book cover book! you really write great and very encouraging to buy and read :) wonderful blog, I really like it here and your style is great! returning to the book, I wonder whether it is written and published in my mother tongue. I really like English, but I do not understand all the words, I do not understand everything and I would have to translate the whole story :)
    Greetings from Poland!
    ayuna-chan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I hope you''ll find it, It's worth reading! ♥

      Delete
  9. Agata Kristi mi je sledeća na ''meniju'' (haha) baš zato što volim misteriju i kriminalistiku. Možda ću baš ovu knjigu prvo pročitati, čini mi sebaš zanimljivom. :)
    Super post!

    milicaimp.blogspot.rs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sweetie! when books held the attention is fantastic,
    sometimes it's hard to find books that are capable of doing that!!
    and thank you so much for your sweet comment! ill try and do a tutorial of
    that blue eyeshadow look so you can try and do it ^^
    hope you have an amazing day! <3

    My blog - Lalabetterdayz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear!
      I'm so happy to hear that! Thank you so much. :)♥

      Delete
  11. It sounds really good :) My favourite book is "hopeless" <3

    I follow you <3 MY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love mystery books and movies.
    I am sure to enjoy this one.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. My parents mention Agatha all the time, and people really seem to enjoy her books. I love this review and I'd love to read this x)

    http://it-s-such-a-wonderful-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed reading this one and I hope that you'll too! ♥

      Delete
  14. Looks like a great read, can't wait to check it out! https://mariannyc.com/2018/08/01/august-goals/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds interesting. I like reading these kind of plots.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Odličan post, nisam pročitala knjigu, ali svakako planiram :)

    GIVEAWAY NA MOJEM BLOGU!
    http://doroty4.blogspot.com/2018/08/heklano-se-vratilo-u-modu-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorei a resenha, interessante.
    Beijos

    https://glamour-02.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pravo da ti kažem, prvi put čujem da ovu knjigu jer nisam previše u tom svetu, ali mi deluje ultra mega giga interesantno i uzbufljivo, i defintivno moram da je pročitam. Znači
    O-D-U-Š-E-V-LJ-E-N-A sam. Hvala ti puno što si nam predstavila ovaj roman. ❤️ Inače, Aleksanra, upravo sam otkrila tvoj blog i već mi se mnogo dopada, oduševljana sam tako da sam te zapratila i bilo bi mi drago da posetiš moj blog ako želiš ❤️

    The girl named Ana

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have to say although I've watched a lot of Poirot I've never read any, might have to give it a go!

    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete